Please email me about your comments on BMW Z4, Audi TT & Collector Edition Corvettes!

Monday, August 28, 2006

Popped a run flat on my 2006 BMW Z4 3.0si

On Friday, I'm tooling around in the Hamptons, loving life in my new 6 speed silver bullet. I noticed on the gauge cluster there is a "light" on, it looks like:
!
www

I figured it was low water or low washer fluid indicator. I think nothing of it as I zoom on home away from the crazy Hampton people.

I called BMW via the SOS button, they can't figure out what the issue is so I called the service department at Southampton BMW. They tell me I have a flat tire. What?

Sure enough, I see a silver screw sticking out of the passenger front tire. I drive the car (?) over to the local repair station. I tell them, my 8 week old BMW has a screw in the tire. Can you please plug it so I can be on my way?

The man brings a newspaper clipping from around the corner. I feel my testicles start to tighten. Just like the time I was looking for $5000 engagement rings back in 1991.

Sorry son, you can't fix a run-flat. You need to change the tire, $280 bucks after taxes.

WTF man, I made two payments on this puppy and dished out some cash to get into it for a low monthly payment. Now I have to dish out MORE $$?

Sorry, BMW doesn't cover tires. Everything else but.

I gave the man his (3) c notes and drove back home.

(I still love my car over the Audi) :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home